- Martin Raybould (Year of 2011) visited the Academy this week. When Martin left us he went to Halesowen College for a year where he did a Professional Cookery course. He then went on to the University College in Birmingham where he completed Level 1 and 2 in Bakery. He then applied for an apprenticeship with Cadbury World. There were fifty other applicants and Martin was offered a place and is now completing a Level 3 two year apprenticeship. His work is taking place in the Research and Development Department developing new product lines. This course will lead to a Level 3 ...more
- Have you seen Paddington yet? Everyone’s favourite Peruvian bear has landed in cinemas for Christmas and, as a bonus, INTO FILM – the company behind our own Film Club – are offering you the opportunity to WIN iPad minis and books for the Academy. You won’t leave empty handed either, with a £10 voucher for HMV or Game also up for grabs for the best entry from Holly Hall. All you have to do to enter is put your creative skills to the test and take Paddington on an adventure. Collect an activity sheet from the English Office at break time or ...more
- An article by student Paige Moran (10DHE): Wear your Christmas jumpers and help to save children’s lives this Christmas! On Friday 19 December, Holly Hall Academy are holding a Christmas jumper day. You can wear a Christmas jumper or Christmas themed clothes. Don’t forget to bring in £1 which will be donated to Save the Children. Your support would be ...more
- Mrs Collins, Coordinator of PSHE: Congratulations to Jazmyn Burudi (11THO), who was chosen as December’s ‘Philosopher of the Month’. The question was “Can money buy happiness?” This is Jazmyn’s second win and below is an extract from her thoughts. “They say the best things in life are free, so why do we really need money to make us happy? We rely on money to buy life essentials: a roof over our head, food for our mouths, and books for our brains! But can we can buy happiness? Happiness is a feeling, not a possession and we can’t buy how we feel........ ...more
- Miss Westwood, Mathematics KS3 Coordinator: The results from the national Senior Maths Challenge were received this week and we had the best results ever for the Academy. The Senior Challenge is aimed at pupils aged 16-19 studying maths and not yet at University so we are extremely proud of the four students who received certificates. Atif Hanif (11POW) received a silver which is an amazing achievement and Alex Price (11THO), Adeeba Shakoor (11COL) and Pavanya Witharange (11THO) all received bronze certificates. Well done to all students who took part and especially our winners. The next challenge will be the Intermediate ...more
- Mr Simpson, Coordinator of Music: A massive thank you and well done to all of the students who performed in this week’s music assemblies: Carla Allmark (10AGR/SCL), Josiah Bennett (10CAL), Abigail Boden (9WDW), Karyss Devine (10CAL), Chloe Di Franco (8SPE),Rhiannon Edmonds (9ARE), Lewis James (10STO), Nick Marston (10STO), Divina Matondo (10STO), Lydia Runham (10CAL), Kira Vaughan (9DEN). If you enjoyed the assemblies please attend the Performing Arts Showcase evening which is next Tuesday 9 December at 7pm. Tickets are £2.50 and available in ...more
To view all the stories we have posted here click on News -> Website News Feed.