- I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very happy Easter. The Easter message is one of peace and hope. We should all give some thought to what unites us rather than what divides us and work to promote tolerance and respect in our community. It is a very exciting time for the Academy with our new £1.6million Sports Centre opening for students after the holiday. I hope every student will get involved in the exciting opportunities which will be on offer in the new building as they strive to be the best they can be. I hope ...more
- It has been brought to our attention that when children are being dropped off or picked up from the Academy, there are major parking problems around the immediate vicinity of the Academy. Vehicles have been seen by police blocking residents driveways, double parking blocking access for emergency vehicles and parking on footpaths causing danger for pedestrians needing to cross the road. Some vehicles were seen mounting the footpath coming within inches of parents who were walking their children along the footpath. These actions are causing unnecessary danger and we are requesting that you take more care. Fines for parking offences range from £30 ...more
- Mr Webster, Assistant Principal: Maymunah Bashir (7KSM) (pictured opposite) was invited to a Year 11 assembly to talk to students about her experiences so far in Year 7. She spoke confidently about her love for the Academy and her dedication to her studies. Maymunah outlined to Year 11 that nothing should stand in their way to succeed; she has not let her visual impairment stop her from achieving her goals. Maymunah received a resounding ovation from the Year 11 students and accompanying staff. She is an inspiration to us all and I hope that Year 11 will now feel able to ...more
- Mr Taylor, Cover Supervisor: Last Friday, we were privileged to host a talk by Hugo Clarke of the Curzon Institute about the contribution made by Commonwealth soldiers to World War One. Joined by Ian Austin, MP for Dudley North, Afzal Amin, prospective Conservative party candidate for Dudley North, and representatives of the Academy's Governing body, Gifted and Talented students from Years 7, 8, 9 and 10 heard how soldiers from the Punjab, Caribbean and Africa fought alongside British soldiers in the trenches of Northern France and elsewhere. Head Boy, Harrison Johal (11SPE) commented "The World War One commemorative lecture was a ...more
- Mrs Green, Business Studies Teacher: Last week a group of Year 10 Business Studies students went on a two day residential trip to the University of Wolverhampton. During the event the students worked as a team to come up with a creative solution to a real-life business challenge with the support of a University graduate mentor. The challenge given to our students was to inform primary school teachers of the newly launched Lego Education and to persuade these teachers that Lego was a product worth investing in. The students came up with a very impressive strap line of ‘Your Learning ...more
- Mr Moseley, PE Teacher: We had a great week of events for Sport Relief last week. Some members of staff dressed up to help get us all into the fundraising spirit. We had a fun run, where students were sponsored to run a mile. We held a bench ball competition. We baked and sold cakes. Every student, during their PE lessons, had the opportunity to run a mile and PE teachers donated 10p for every successful mile ran. We held a tombola with lots of sports themed and chocolate prizes. We will let you know how much was raised in ...more
To view all the stories we have posted here click on News -> Website News Feed.