- Mr Taylor, Cover Supervisor, Humanities Department: You may recall that Paige Moran (10DHE) and Chandler Newman (10CAL) won a competition recently. Their prize was a World War One Centenary Battlefields tour to the Ypres Salient and the Somme. Last week, Mr Taylor accompanied Paige and Chandler on the trip. They wrote "The trip to France and Belgium was a once in a lifetime opportunity which has given us an insight into the lives of soldiers from World War One. During the trip we visited several memorials and cemeteries. Throughout these visits, we placed remembrance posts to show that we are ...more
- Miss Westwood, Mathematics Teacher: Primary Maths Day was held at the Academy last week. Eighty Year 6 pupils from the local primary schools were invited to a ‘despicable’ day of maths challenges. A group of Holly Hall ‘minions’ encouraged each team to work together and solve the challenges they were given. All of them worked extremely hard and it was a fantastic day enjoyed by all who attended. The results were as follows: 3rd place team ‘Dave’, 2nd place team ‘Margo’, Winning team ‘Vector’ (pictured right with Mr Lloyd, Principal and Miss Westwood and Mr Hallam from the Maths ...more
- Mr Hallam, Acting Coordinator of Mathematics: Maths homework due? Need to complete it now? Only have your tablet or smart phone? MyMaths will not load! The Puffin Academy app will put an end to this allowing you to access MyMaths through tablets or smart phones. Puffin Academy Key Features: Free to all users and content providers: Free app to all users on iPhone and iPad (rated 4+). Free of charge to all educational content providers. • For purely educational web sites only: Educational content providers must apply for approval. Once approved, contents are available to all users. • Incredible speed and Flash support: 500% faster than Safari ...more
- Miss Westwood, Mathematics Teacher: On Tuesday 30 September the Academy held its first Accelerated Maths Evening. Parents of selected students in Year 7 were invited in to the academy to receive advice on how to help with their child's learning and progression. The evening was a great success and some of the comments included, "A fantastic evening! It was really good to have an insight on how to help my child improve", "I would definitely attend other evenings like this, we found it really useful and informative." There will be more maths evenings for all year groups to ...more
- Kate Grainger (Year 2012) Aston College, Birmingham - Psychology The transition to college has been smooth. I am really enjoying college and the atmosphere it brings. GCSEs and Holly Hall have fully prepared me for college and I am completely grateful to them for making such a big transition so ...more
- On Wednesday 22 October Scotty G’s will be holding a ‘Best of British’ theme day. In celebration of our great British food, Roast Beef & Yorkshire Pudding Chicken & Ham Pie Crispy Topped Vegetable Crumble Roast Potatoes Creamed Potatoes Cabbage & Leek Medley Sliced Carrots Roast Parsnips Jam Roly Poly & Custard Apple & Cinnamon Pie & Custard or ...more
To view all the stories we have posted here click on News -> Website News Feed.