- Abigail Boden (8WDW) and Rhiannon Edmonds (8ARE): “Year 8 students took part in a first aid course delivered by Heartstart. In the course we learnt how to put someone in the recovery position, how to recognise the need to give CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) and how to carry out CPR. We were also taught how to deal with serious cuts, choking and how to identify whether a person is having a heart attack. The whole afternoon was a success. Everyone had fun and enjoyed the experience. We hope that this opportunity will be offered to the other year groups as these are ...more
- Mr Giles, cover Supervisor: On 10th February, twenty Year 8 students attended the Dudley Community Safety Partnership’s Annual Debate Competition at Dudley Town Hall. Four of the students, Dawid Jedryszczak (8DEN), Ellé Gjoka (8DEN), Thomas Moran (8STN) and Jasmeet Atwal (8COX), formed part of Holly Hall Academy’s debating team who took on Redhill School in Stourbridge in front of an audience of students and teachers from several local schools, as well as members of Dudley Council. The motion being debated was “Children and Young People are responsible for making the Internet a safer place for themselves” and our intrepid ...more
- On Monday eight students along with a family member took part in the first session of the healthy families cooking programme. The participants cooked cottage pie and all received a free potato masher. Michael Price, Chair of Holly Hall Governors, also came along to wish the students and parents well. Maymunah Bashir (7KSM) “It was a really good experience.” Eve Wilmot (7KSM) “I like spending more time with my mom in the kitchen and my Dad said he loved the cottage pie, it tasted like mom's best.” There is still one place remaining on the course, if you would like to join please ...more
- Why not brighten a winter day by enjoying a taste of summer holidays? Try Scotty G’s homemade Greek moussaka or the homemade vegetarian Greek moussaka, both served with warm flat bread. Also on the menu is homemade salmon and broccoli plait – all served with either spicy potato wedges or herby new potatoes and broccoli, sweetcorn or salad, followed by a choice of either pineapple upside down cake or banoffee pie. REMEMBER – all our meats and vegetables are sourced from local ...more
- Megan Paynter (8ARE) is a member of the 7th Dudley Scout Group. She is the only Scout in Dudley to have been chosen to attend the 23rd World Scout Jamboree which is being held in Kirara-Hama in Japan in 2015. This is a great honour for Megan and a fantastic opportunity to experience a different culture, live with a Japanese family and meet other Scouts from around the World. Megan has to raise £3000 to make her dream come true. Everyone connected with Holly Hall wishes her good luck in raising the funds and taking part in what will be the experience ...more
- Mrs Lee, Assistant Principal: Healthy Families cooking classes start on Monday 3 March 2014 at 3.30pm. The chosen students and their family members will cook delicious healthy meals each week for six weeks. All ingredients are to be provided by the Academy and participants will also receive an item of cookware each week to take home to keep. Upon completion of the six week programme, each participating family will receive a hamper of fruit and vegetables and a healthy families cookbook. There are still a few places available. If you and a family member would like to attend, please write ...more
To view all the stories we have posted here click on News -> Website News Feed.