- Charlie Wilson (9WDW) and Amy-Lou Upton (9YOR) will be performing two Christmas songs at Merry Hill Shopping Centre at 5.30pm on Saturday 20 December 2014. They are fund raising for the Help Harry Help Others appeal and to help people with kidney failure. Bracelets will be on sale for ...more
- Mr Hallam, Acting Coordinator of Mathematics: Every Tuesday, at 5:10 pm, Greg James ‘off of’ BBC Radio 1 provides a forum for nerds to correct the most tedious and pedantic of errors that they have seen that week. A classic example is from a song by Lily Allen, in which she states that she will party from sunrise to sunset. The nerd alert pointed out that usually a party would start at sunset and end at sunrise! I hope he reads out my Nerd Alert that I sent in last Friday: Dear Greg, I do not usually feel obligated to write in, but ...more
- Last week a group of students went to Nottingham to see a performance of ‘The Woman in Black’. Here’s what Adeeba Shakoor (11COL) thought: “I really enjoyed the performance. It was amazing how just two actors and very rudimentary set design could carry the whole play and still keep the audience engaged. In the first half I was impressed but not scared, and failed to see how a play could actually be scary. The second half proved me wrong. It was very jumpy and exceedingly creepy. This was an amazing experience. I loved ...more
- Mrs Collins, Co-ordinator of PSHE/Citizenship: Last month’s philosophical question was to answer the following: “Is your identity created by the languages you speak?” The winner of this month’s cinema ticket was Jazmyn Burudi (11THO) and below is an extract from her thoughts. “I do think that the languages a person speaks is a part of their identity, but I wouldn’t go as far as to say that it influences our identity enough to ‘create’ it. I say this because there are so many different factors that make people who they are, such as age, upbringing and current life situation. Everything we’ve experienced in ...more
- Mr Sharp, KS3 Design Coordinator: Sharaz Shakoor (10CAL) has created two very impressive large scale artworks using chalk pastels. His work has been inspired by looking at close ups of nature and organic forms. Sharaz is currently developing his work and will be looking at maze structures and patterns. Well done Sharaz. Pictured above: Sharaz with Mr Lloyd, ...more
- Mr Malone, Senior Assistant Principal: Every year in November the Anti-Bullying Alliance co-ordinate National Anti-Bullying Week. The aim of this week is to get everyone to come together to work to stop bullying. The theme for this year's National Anti-Bullying Week is stopping bullying for all children and young people with a particular focus on stopping the bullying of children with special educational needs and disabilities. All next week Holly Hall Academy will focus on anti-bullying during morning tutorials and today’s Enrichment Day theme for Year 9 was preventing the bullying of children with special educational needs and disabilities. Furthermore, assemblies during ...more
To view all the stories we have posted here click on News -> Website News Feed.