- Dudley MBC are running a ‘No Idling’ campaign which is being financed by DEFRA (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) and links to the existing Safer Routes to School programme. The Academy have already erected signs and now posters are displayed to increase awareness of vehicle related pollution issues. We would like to remind parents/carers to switch your vehicle engine off if you are parked outside of the Academy. This will reduce the environmental impact by improving air quality. Further information on vehicle idling can be found ...more
- Mrs Clifton, Learning Support Assistant and Mrs Mosses, Learning Resource Centre Manager: We would like to thank everybody who helped with the Operation Christmas Child shoebox appeal. We made a fantastic total of 104 shoeboxes. We also managed to raise a brilliant £102 towards postage of the boxes. We would like to send a special thank you to 7KSM for raising an amazing £34.80. What a wonderful achievement! Our appreciation also goes to all of the people who helped us to pack and wrap the shoeboxes and to everyone who donated something for the appeal. Your support is greatly appreciated. The ...more
- Our Academy nurse, Lynn Howells is in the Academy every Monday for her ‘drop-in’ sessions. Lynn carries out health checks on students but is also available to speak to students about any issues they are concerned about. If you would like to speak to Lynn, make an appointment through Alison at Student Reception. Pictured: Lynn Howells with a student seeking ...more
- Congratulations to Shannon Webb (8BOS) who recently picked up a ‘Child of Courage’ award from Free Radio after being nominated by her Mother and Grandfather for how she has coped with some challenging issues throughout her life. The ‘Free Radio People Awards’ ceremony was held at The Village Hotel and was hosted by DJ’s Fresh and Cat. Also in attendance were the Mayor and Mayoress of Dudley. ...more
- Mrs Milovsorov, Food Technology Teacher: A number of our students have entered a healthy eating competition for National Obesity Awareness Week 2014. To enter, they had to design a healthy recipe. The Year 10 and 11 Catering groups also made their healthy recipes. The prize is £10,000 worth of sports equipment for your School or Academy. Winners and runners up will be contacted by the end of November, so watch this ...more
To view all the stories we have posted here click on News -> Website News Feed.