- What’s Your Poison? Substance misuse causes misery to individuals, families and communities. Changing legislation and mixed messages in the media can lead young people into making dangerous decisions about their personal health and safety. Peer influence also leads to students putting themselves and those around them at risk. This week, Year 8 students watched the Performance in Education theatre company perform "What’s Your Poison?" which explores attitudes towards alcohol and cannabis and the stark realities of choice and consequence. The aims of the production were to: Challenge perceptions, preconceptions and myths surrounding substance misuse Demonstrate the potential consequences of alcohol misuse Increase understanding of the ...more
- Mr Simpson, Coordinator of Music: Last week, eighteen students were invited to Base Studios 1 in Stourbridge to experience the life of a working musician. They used rehearsal rooms to practise songs and were given the opportunity to record in a professional studio. Molly Green (9YOR) “It was fantastic. We got to use all the equipment and learn about how to record in a studio and how to compose songs.” Nick Marston (10STO) “We had an awesome time at Base just a shame we couldn’t have stayed there all day!” The recordings will be available on the VLE shortly for you to have ...more
- Independent Learning and Museum Visit A group of Year 11 History and G&T students visited the Imperial War Museum in London. This was helpful in preparing them for their upcoming GCSEs. They also explored some of the other galleries including the Holocaust Exhibition and modern history artefacts. A great day was had by all! Head Boy Pritesh Patel (11DAS) said: “It was great to see the World War One artefacts first hand especially as it is currently the 100th anniversary of the conflict.” The remainder of Year 11 spent time in the Academy preparing for their upcoming ...more
- Mr Townley, Director of Teaching and Learning Lifestyles: The Design team are big on upcycling, recycling and reusing household items in our projects. Can you help us? We are specifically looking for the following - plastic caps from aerosol cans, fabrics, wool, bed sheets, old clothes and any art related materials. If you were going to throw these items away then please bring them into your design teacher instead. We will report back on some of the exciting things we have produced as a result in future issues of ...more
- In her spare time, Shannon Hackett (7KSM) is a member of a cheerleading group called the ’Black Country Rebels’. The group often enter competitions and in the picture, the team is performing their stunt dance, for which they achieved first place. In this competition, Shannon’s team performed another dance which came 3rd. The group are now preparing for a big competition with the BCA (British Cheerleading Association). We wish Shannon every success in her cheerleading. If you have an hobby that you would like to share with Holly Hall, please see Mrs Price in ...more
To view all the stories we have posted here click on News -> Website News Feed.