- You may be entitled for free school meals if your parents receive any of the following: Income Support Income based Jobseeker's Allowance Income related Employment and Support Allowance Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190 Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit Children who receive Income Support or income based Job Seeker's ...more
- CREATIVE WRITING WORKSHOP Does ‘The Hunger Games’ inspire you to write your own fast paced adventure? Perhaps you prefer the epic fantasy of Tolkien and George RR Martin? Maybe, like Jacqueline Wilson, you think the drama of life is all around us, waiting for the writer in you to bring it out? Perhaps you want to write poetry, plays or screenplays? Every Thursday from 18 September at 3:15-4:00pm, Miss Smith will be running a Creative Writing Workshop to help you keep, develop and stretch your writing skills. All students are welcome, whatever age or ability. Give it a try: you never know where ...more
- One of our girls was indecently assaulted on the way to the Academy this morning. The assault took place in Woodside park and was carried out by a white male in his early 20's. Mr Lloyd asks parent and carers to discuss this issue with their children and advises that students do not walk through Woodside park on their ...more
- Dudley Safeguarding Children Board recognises the need to provide water safety advice to children all year round but particularly as the summer holiday approaches. The advice is to 'choose to swim at your local swimming pool where lifeguards are on duty. There are no lifeguards at quarries, lakes, reservoirs, canals or ...more
- Dr Cox, Science Coordinator: Recently a group of Year 9 students visited SciFest at Wolverhampton University. In the morning students took part in various activities including learning how to build tall buildings and finding out about microbes used to produce foodstuffs and household products. In the afternoon the students practised using medical equipment to assess their health before being entertained by Johnny Ball who gave them an insight into the order within mathematics. They were also made aware of the harm that sugar can cause in the ...more
To view all the stories we have posted here click on News -> Website News Feed.