- At the end of the Summer term a group of students visited Krakow in Poland. Over the next few weeks we will be featuring a day by day diary written by Pavanya Witharanage (11THO). Day One - Our journey started at 4.30am. We travelled by coach to Birmingham International Airport and arrived ‘early’ according to Mrs Collins ...... we actually barely made it for our final call! We landed at Krakow Airport then travelled to our hotel by coach. The Batory Hotel was beautifully decorated with red geraniums and our annexe was very spacious. In the afternoon we visited the main square ...more
- Are you interested in learning a new sport for free? Find out what’s going on in your area at www.west-midlands.police.uk. Free Football Sessions Males aged 14-25 Dudley Leisure Centre 10 sessions starting Tuesday 7 October 6.00 - 7.00pm Speak to PC Paul Davies on 0121 626 8127 to register your interest Free Cricket Sessions Males aged 14-25 Dudley Leisure Centre 10 sessions starting Saturday 25 October 1.30 - 2.30pm Speak to Imam Hashmi on 0121 626 8127 to register your ...more
- Mr Hallam, Acting Coordinator of Mathematics: UKMT Maths Challenge club is being run after Academy hours on Mondays, 15:15 - 16:00. It is primarily for students who excel in mathematics and have been identified as Gifted and Talented. Each session will be based around solving problems across a variety of topics and challenge students to think both logically and laterally. If you are interested in attending, please provide Mr Hallam with an answer to this problem: Jack and Jill played a game for two people. In each game, the winner was awarded 2 points and the loser 1 point. No games ...more
- As of 1st September 2014 the new Special Educational Needs Code of Practice (2014) came into force. If you have any queries regarding how this may impact upon your child’s education do not hesitate to contact Miss Anslow or Mr Markham from the AEN team at the Academy. For further information regarding any changes to SEN please see Dudley’s ...more
- Using our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) parents/carers can access data about their children such as their attendance and reports. Click on Our Academy > VLE Access Request to view a user guide and request your username and password. Click here to go to the VLE Access request page. To view the user guide click ...more
- You may be entitled for free school meals if your parents receive any of the following: Income Support Income based Jobseeker's Allowance Income related Employment and Support Allowance Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190 Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit Children who receive Income Support or income based Job Seeker's ...more
- CREATIVE WRITING WORKSHOP Does ‘The Hunger Games’ inspire you to write your own fast paced adventure? Perhaps you prefer the epic fantasy of Tolkien and George RR Martin? Maybe, like Jacqueline Wilson, you think the drama of life is all around us, waiting for the writer in you to bring it out? Perhaps you want to write poetry, plays or screenplays? Every Thursday from 18 September at 3:15-4:00pm, Miss Smith will be running a Creative Writing Workshop to help you keep, develop and stretch your writing skills. All students are welcome, whatever age or ability. Give it a try: you never know where ...more
To view all the stories we have posted here click on News -> Website News Feed.